The SmartQ Light Gate is a digital switch-type sensor that has two states, ON and OFF. The Light Gate has an infrared transmitter and receiver that detects objects passing through the 'gate'. Light Gates can be used singly or in pairs for time, speed, velocity and acceleration measurements.
Make the most of Light Gates by using them with the Dynamics System and the Interrupt Card Set.
- Dynamics experiments that involve calculating time, speed, velocity, acceleration using an inclined plane or air track
- Acceleration due to gravity
- Pendulum investigations
- Measuring the time period of an oscillating body
- Impulse and change in momentum
- Centripetal force in a pendulum
This product has met the following criteria: