This innovative system has been designed by physics teachers specifically for the requirements of the GCSE and A Level physics curriculum. The system is based around a ′primary′ Bluetooth timing car which provides a live feed of data to the Bluetooth enabled connected PC. Resolution on the data is an impressive 50 samples per second. For schools looking for a modern alternative to the linear airtrack, a secondary timing car can be supplied which connects to the primary car via an IR line of sight beam, to perform collisions experiments. The primary car connects to the TimingPro™ dynamics car software on PC and enables users to display displacement, velocity, acceleration, force, energy and momentum. TimingPro™ dynamics car software has user selectable ′Basic′ and ′Advanced′ modes along with templates for popular experiments so that only the functionality that is required for the experiment is shown.
The majority of experiments for the timing car are performed on the high quality 1.5m stainless steel track (PY5312) – this can also be elevated for use as an incline plane. There is also the option of a separate curved track (PY5315) to allow users to investigate circular dynamics which is specifically required by the current A Level syllabus. Using the curved track users can also graph damped simple harmonic motion and use the results to calculate a value for ′g′ as an alternative to traditional g by freefall setups. The accessory kit (PY5318) includes a range of detachable bumpers, pulleys and masses to investigate: elastic, inelastic and coalescing collisions, and Newton’s 2nd law of motion using a pulley and conservation of momentum/energy.
Secondary car, straight track, curved track and accessories all need to be purchased separately as required.
- The ultimate wireless dynamics system
- Bluetooth car records displacement, velocity
- Curved track option for studying circular dynamics
- 1.5m stainless steel dynamics track
- Complete range of accessories for the study of collisions and Newton’s 2nd law
- Less setup hassle and more functionality than linear air tracks
- Free TimingPro™ dynamics car software for Windows allows the display of displacement, velocity, acceleration, force, energy and momentum graphs
This product has met the following criteria: