This electric Bunsen burner combines the advantages of a regular gas burner with the clean and easy operation of a heating mantle. Corrosion-resistant stainless steel burner features a cone-shaped coiled resistance heater which directs radiant heat out from the cavity. Cooling vents circulate air to cool the base, making it possible to hold while in use. A detachable cowl also deflects heat from the medium surface. Ideal for noncontact radiant heating of materials in test tubes, crucibles, small flasks, and beakers. Effective heating of a test tube sample should be done 25mm above the top of the burner. Crucible heating may be achieved by removing the cowl.
- Conical shaped heating element directs radiant
- Top cowl deflects heat away from your hand
- Air circulation from the vented housing keeps the base cool enough to hold during operation
- Burner consumes only 400W of power
- To regulate the power input and temperature of the Bunsen burner, a heating controller is required; without a controller, the burner operates continuously at full heating power, can be purchased with (BA6101/C) or without (BA6101) the recommended controller
- Flask capacity: 25mL
- Temperature range: 800 to 1000°C
- Dims, d x h: 120 x 177mm
This product has met the following criteria:
To find out more about our Sustainability Attributes, click here.
|Sustainable Distribution & Packaging Award
- Manufactured in the UK or Ireland
- Country of origin has an Environmental Performance Index (EPI) greater than 60