A comprehensive kit that includes all of the necessary equipment to carry out a range of classic physics experiments that teachers often find unreliable or expensive to set up in a classroom environment. The Gas Pressure Kit utilises
a simple plastic syringe to replace the expensive and noisy Vacuum Pumps commonly used in experiments like Bell in a Bell Jar.
The traditional bell jar and pump plate is replaced with a custom made 1L acrylic jar and lid which incorporates a pressure gauge and pressure valve. By connecting the syringe to the valve using a short piece of pneumatic tubing (supplied) the user can evacuate the bell jar by just pumping for a few seconds on the syringe. A longer, thinner acrylic tube is also supplied for the Guinea and Feather setup.
Supplied in a Gratnells rack tray (right) with full instructions and accessories (all available as spares).
Experiments included include:
- Transmission of sound in a vacuum
• Evidence of air pressure
• “Magdeburg Hemispheres”
• Free fall - free fall tube
• Boyle - Mariott Law
• Determination of the weight of air
• Air pressure measurement
• Air pressure effect - external pressure diminished • Air pressure effect - water boils at 60 degrees
• Air pressure effect - internal pressure diminished