This new and innovative system has been designed by physics teachers specifically for the requirements of the GCSE and A Level physics curriculum. The system is based around a ‘primary’ bluetooth TimingCar™ (PY5300) which records provides a live feed of data to the connected PC or tablet. Resolution on the data is an impressive 50 samples per second. For schools looking for a modern alternative to the Linear Airtrack a second ‘secondary’ timing car can be supplied (PY5306) which connects to the primary car via an IR line of sight beam to their setup perform collisions experiments. The primary car connects seamlessly to TimingPro™ software on PCs or tablets and enables users to display displacement, velocity, acceleration, force, energy and momentum. TimingPro™ software has user selectable ‘Basic’ and ‘Advanced’ modes along with templates for popular experiments so that only the functionality that is required for the experiment is shown.
The majority of experiments for the TimingCar™ are performed on our high quality 1.5m stainless steel track (PY5312) – this can also be elevated for use as an incline plane. There is also the option of a separate curved track (PY5315) to allow users to investigate circular dynamics which is specifically required by the current A Level syllabus. Using the circular track users can also graph damped simple harmonic motion and use the results to calculate a value for ‘g’ as an alternative to traditional g by freefall setups. The accessory kit (PY5318) includes a range of detachable bumpers, pulleys and masses to investigate: Elastic, inelastic and coalescing collisions, Newton’s II Law of Motion using a pulley and conservation of momentum/energy.
N.B. Secondary Car, Straight Track, Curved Track and Accessories all need to be purchased separately as required.
- The ultimate wireless dynamics system
- Bluetooth cars records displacement, velocity
- Curved track option for studying circular dynamics
- 1.5m stainless steel dynamics track
- Complete range of accessories for the study of collisions and Newton’s 2nd Law
- Less setup hassle and more functionality than linear air tracks
- Free TimingPro™ software for Windows, iOS and Android allows the display of displacement, velocity, acceleration, force, energy and momentum