A classic demonstration of electromagnetic induction. The Ring Launcher comprises of a long solenoid with an iron core (removable for easy transportation) and is accompanied by a number of accessory rings which fit over the coil. When an AC current is applied to the solenoid it creates EMF in the aluminium ring placed over the solenoid and the resulting magnetic field propels the ring upwards off the solenoid. The solenoid is covered by an adjustable sleeve which allows the user to vary the height to which it is propelled. At full power the ring can reach heights well in excess of 2 m.
- Eye catching demonstration of EMF induction in AC fields
- Launch rings to over 2 metres high
- 2 part launching procedure (including a remote control to fire the rings) for maximum safety, to ensure users do not accidentally launch the ring with students in close proximity
- Mains transformer is protected by a resettable thermal fuse
- Fully CE compliant to BS EN 61010-2010
- Supplied with full accessories and instructions
- Accessories include: an aluminium ring, a split aluminium ring, a plastic ring and a 3 turn copper wire coil and MES bulb