Bio-Rad's ELISA Immuno Explorer Kit provides a hands-on way to learn about antibodies — how they are produced by the immune system and how their unique properties have revolutionized medicine, epidemiology, and life science research. Teachers have the flexibility to select one of three different ELISA-based protocols that use real antibodies to demonstrate how antigen or antibody detection can be used in biodefense, immunology, and health science applications.
- Flexible curriculum — with options for three different lab activities, you can choose the type of test most relevant to your course: ELISA for tracking disease outbreaks (such as a Zombie Apocalypse), ELISA for antigen detection (for example, pregnancy, drug, environmental, disease detection), or ELISA for antibody detection (past exposure to disease)
- Uses real antibodies — no simulated, colored solutions
- Activities include three investigation lab options and a post-lab assessment
- Lab activity can be completed in a single, 45-minute classroom period
- Consumables refill reagents pack contains antigen, antibodies, 10% Tween, 10x PBS, HRP enzyme substrate; education use only