Polymorph is one of the most useful materials for model making and prototyping. This polymer has all the characteristics of a tough engineering material yet it fuses and becomes easily mouldable at just 62°C.
The material is supplied in a self–seal bag. Polymorph may be coloured using food dyes. The polymorph is first fused and then the powder is added and worked in mechanically by hand. 2g of colouring is supplied in a plastic pot. It can be heated with hot water or a hairdryer and moulded by hand to create prototypes and solve manufacturing problems. Polymorph can be reused simply by reheating it.
Uses for Polymorph include:
- Moulding of handles and orthopaedic aids
- Vacuum forming moulds
- Moulds for batch producing other mouldings
- Prototype mechanical parts
- Armatures / frames for models
- Inserts for compliant products
- Specialised components – e.g. motor mountings
- Moulding of complete products – e.g. torches
- Joining components together