Round, stainless steel electrically heated with fixed temperature for boiling water, fitted with concentric ringed lid to vary the hole size. The steam produced provides an effective source of heat for samples that may be otherwise thermally damaged by a naked flame, used for applications to distill/concentrate liquids, melt agar and other solids, or metallurgical analysis, protein analysis and bacteriological examinations.
Features an integral constant level device to maintain constant water level during boiling and supplied with a set of rings to vary the diameter of aperture to accommodate different sizes of vessels e.g. evaporating dishes and glassware, including round-bottom flasks. Fitted with a sheathed immersion element and a resettable thermal cut-out for safety with heater indicator.
- Provides constant boiling water for gentle heating of samples by steam
- Accessory energy regulator (BAT1003) can be connected to boiling bath allowing control of the amount of boiling from a gentle simmer to a vigorous boil
- Always site the boiling bath on a heat proof surface
- Always connect the constant level with laboratory tubing to a water supply, adjust the flow to gently top up the water level, whilst maintaining boiling
- Constant level device has a visible water spout to check that water in the boiling bath is maintaining working level, preventing the chance of the water bath being boiled dry
- Manual reset cut out
- By removing concentric rings, the hole size can be varied to accommodate different sizes of vessel
- Smooth walled tank making it easy to clean and de-scale
- 2 year warranty