A classic piece of physics apparatus designed for use with the traditional range of radioactive sources (eg. SEA49578, SEA49589 & SEA49591). Comprising of an aluminium extrusion bench with graduated scale, set of radiation absorbers and radiation collimator.
This set allows students to investigate the nature of radiation including:
- The classification of different materals
- The randomness of emitted radiation
- Rates of decay (including half lives)
- The range of Alpha radiation in air
- The effectiveness of materials as Beta radiation shields
- The penetration of Gamma radiation.
- Beta radiation scattering