The SMP10 and SMP20 digital melting point apparatus have been designed with safety and ease of operation in mind. The temperature is selected, measured and displayed digitally making it accurate and negating the need for a thermometer. The SMP10 displays temperature to 1 degree resolution while the more advanced SMP20 has a 0.1 degree resolution as well as a variable ramp rate and hold key so that the exact melt temperature can be recorded. Two samples can be tested simultaneously. They are viewed via a magnifying lens with clear observation aided by built in illumination.
To operate simply select a plateau temperature via the digital display and press "start". The unit quickly heats up and remains at the selected plateau temperature until the user is ready to start the test. Insert the sample tubes and press "start". The unit then heats at a fixed rate of 2°C per minute for the SMP10 and at a user selected rate of between 1 and 10°C per minute for the SMP20. When the sample is seen to melt, note the temperature on the display. Press "stop" to end heating and cool the block.
- Extendible back feet allow the unit to be operated at the optimum viewing angle
- Full access to the block aids cleaning
- Supplied complete with calibration certificate showing individual serial number for traceability
- Digital selection & display of temperature
- Choice of accuracy, 1 or 0.1 degree resolution
- Easy to operate with plateau facility