Semi-evacuated electron tube filled with low-pressure helium and containing a tangential and axial electron gun. In the case of tangential bombardment and a perpendicularly aligned magnetic field, the fundamental electron charge-to-mass ratio can be determined from the diameter of the observed beam pattern. In the case of axial bombardment and a co-axial magnetic field, kinetic gas theory (e.g. impact excitation) and particle collisions can be studied through observations of the fine, luminescent beams resulting from excitation of the helium atoms.
- Max. filament voltage: 7,5 V AC/DC
- Anode voltage: approx. 150 V DC
- Max. anode current: < 30 mA
- Max. deflection voltage: 50 V DC
- Glass bulb: approx. 130 mm diam.
- Dimensions: 35.1 x 29.2 x 23.1 cm