The Size Exclusion Chromatography Kit teaches the basic principles of size exclusion chromatography, a type of column chromatography used to separate solubilized molecules by their size or molecular weight. With this kit, students are able to separate a mixture of colored biomolecules, determine the number of components in a mixture, study the chemical and physical properties of biomolecules, and apply the principles of chromatography.
Kit contains sufficient materials for 8 student workstations (2 - 4 students per workstation):
- 1 x hemoglobin/vitamin B12 sample mixture
- 8 x Bio-Gel® P-60 columns with caps
- 10 x disposable plastic transfer pipets
- 50mL column chromatography buffer
- 100 x sample collection tubes, 5mL
- 1 x curriculum, including teacher's guide, student manual, and graphic quick guide